Oak and Thistle
Urban Farming & Abundant Living
Terms & Conditions
TO OUR VALUED CLIENTS
Purchase of any product, workshop and/or consultation is an acceptance that you have agreed to the following terms & conditions.
When you make a booking with us for a Private Consultation or Workshop, we make you a priority in our calendar. To ensure that everything runs smoothly, we have some simple terms and conditions.
1. Oak and Thistle reserve the right to charge 50% of the consultation Fee* as a non-refundable deposit to confirm the date of the consult.
2. If cancellation is made within 2 weeks of the consultation, the full fee will be required.
3. All consultations out of the Auckland area are charged travel costs.**
1. Confirmation of any workshop (unless permission by Oak & Thistle is given) is made upon payment.
2. No refunds will be given.
3. At the discretion of Oak & Thistle, money can be transferred to another workshop if the request is made more than 2 weeks before the workshop.
4. If you cannot attend a workshop, you may replace your registration with another person. You must let Oak and Thistle know the name, email address and phone number of the new participant
5. If we have an outdoor workshop and there is unsuitable weather, we will have a rain date advertised on the workshop information page. Please ensure you are available for both dates.
6. Any adjustments to the workshop terms and conditions are at the discretion of Oak and Thistle.
7. We take photos and sometimes videos of parts of the workshop for promotions of future workshops. If you do not want to be visible on any of those, please let us know and be mindful of excluding you. If you do not let us know, we take this as permission to share footage on our website, events pages and social media sites.
8. Should any part of NZ be locked down that affects the delivery of a workshop, Oak and Thistle will organise another date as soon as is possible.
After we have received and confirmed your order, your goods will be carefully packaged. We strive to be as eco friendly as possible, so your package may not look as pretty as you are used to, but you are helping the earth.
I have set two flat rates for shipping – North Island $7.50, North Island Rural $10.50, South Island $9.50, South Island Rural $11.50. Items will be dispatched on Tuesday and Thursday.
Your purchase will be sent to you by courier. When your parcel arrives at your door, please take the time to check the contents of your parcel BEFORE you sign for it! If you send the courier off with your signature, you accept responsibility for the contents of your parcel. Everything should be intact, but if an item is broken and you have signed it off as “received in good order”, it makes it very difficult to claim damages with the freight company. If you check your parcel and discover broken or damaged contents, please contact us immediately.
PAYMENT OF GOODS
Paypal gladly accepts Visa, MasterCard or regular account payments through PayPal. When you choose to use Paypal for payments, PayPal automatically encrypts your confidential information in transit from your computer to mine using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available).
You don’t need to have a PayPal account to pay with PayPal. For new buyers, signing up for a PayPal account is now optional. This means you can complete your payment first and then decide whether you want to save your information in a PayPal account for future purchases or not.
Please note that PayPal’s fraud prevention measures remain in effect for buyers who use this checkout even if you haven’t created an account.
Direct Bank Transfer (Internet Banking)
Payment can be made directly into Oak & Thistle's bank account. Select payment by Direct Bank Transfer at the checkout, and you will be given the bank account details to make your transfer. If choosing this payment method, please note that full payment is required within 3 working days of completing the order process. Please use your Name and Order ID as the payment reference. Goods will be shipped once your payment has cleared.
RETURNS & REFUNDS
If the product is faulty, please contact us immediately, and Oak & Thistle will gladly replace the product. Oak & Thistle strives to always have our product numbers up to date; however, if the product is out of stock for any unusual reason, Oak & Thistle will refund your money or offer you a credit. This does not apply if you change your mind. Exchanging goods is at the discretion of Oak and Thistle. If the product has been damaged in transit, please let us know immediately, and we will contact the courier company directly to sort out any claims. Oak & Thistle needs to be notified within 7 days of receiving any damaged goods.
The personal information you provide as part of the shopping process will be used to ship your order to you and contact you if necessary to respond to your specific enquiry about your order. We respect your privacy and will not disclose any personal information (such as name, mailing address or email address) to anyone unless specifically requested in writing by you. Oak and Thistle will not email you in the future unless you have given your consent or it is directly relevant to an order you have placed.
*The Consultation is priced at two hours minimum and a further fee for every additional half-hour.
**Please contact us for our fee structure.
Terms and Conditions as of the 1st of January 2021**